Aperature - Species the amount of system memory that
can be used by the AGP device. This aperature is a portion
of the PCI memory address range dedicated for graphics memory
- Display Monitor Timings - defined timings established by
- Extended Display Identification
Data is a VESA standard data format that contains basic
information about a monitor and its capabilities, including
vendor information, maximum image size, color characteristics,
factory pre-set timings, frequency range limits, and character
strings for the monitor name and serial number.
- Generalized Timing Formula; a method of generating
general purpose display timings by formula instead of by a
- an optical illusion that occurs when many parallel
curved lines are placed near each other to produce a pattern
in the eye of the viewer that does not exist in reality.
- (Random Access Memory Digital-to-Analog Converter) The chip
on a video card that converts the digital image into an analog
signal. The RAMDAC maintains the color palette and determines
refresh rate. The faster the RAMDAC, the higher the possible
Rate - The rate at which a monitor redraws the image
on screen. It is measured in Hertz (Hz).