The Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro delivers exceptional performance for music creation, music listening, movies and games:
Introduced with the Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro, the new Creative Smart Recorder software supports automatic scheduling of recordings from any source - streamed Internet content, vinyl records, cassette decks - and cuts the single audio stream into individual tracks. Smart Recording also includes Audio Clean-Up to remove scratches, pops and hisses from low quality source material. The Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro includes a compelling suite of music creation applications including Steinberg Cubase LE and Wavelab Lite 2.5 and Image Line FL Studio 4 Creative Edition.
The Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro features an external I/O hub with studio quality I/O and advanced connectivity. It includes analog stereo connectors for six-channel input, optical and coaxial digital I/O, full-sized MIDI I/O, microphone with gain control, headphone and volume control and two 1394 FireWire ports. Musicians can create professional quality recordings with low latency ASIO 2.0 support, SoundFont support and high quality audio hardware. Music and audio samples can be recorded with 24-bit/96kHz A/D converters for amazingly clean and accurate recordings.
Digital audio sounds best on Sound Blaster with 24-bit ADVANCED HD quality and 113dbSNR from 24-bit/192kHz DACs and studio-quality EAX ADVANCED HD music settings. For pristine audio clarity and depth, the Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro also supports Advanced Resolution DVD-Audio playback in 24-bit/192kHZ stereo and 24-bit/96kHz in 5.1 surround sound. Music listeners can also utilize patented CMSS 3D audio technology to convert stereo content into 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound and even experience virtual surround sound on headphones. The included EAX Music Console provides acoustic enhancements such as Bass Boost, Karaoke, a multi-band graphics equalizer, and Smart Volume Management that matches volume levels across different tracks.
The THX-Certified Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro includes the Creative THX Setup Console, to provide accurate calibration for a precise speaker listening environment. DTS-ES and Dolby Digital EX decoding produce captivating 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound for DVD movies.
Thief -Deadly Shadows with full EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD support and Hitman: Contracts with full EAX 3.0 ADVANCED HD support are included with the Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro - more than an $80 value. With EAX supported games, EAX ADVANCED HD effects produce life-like sounds as multiple audio effects are processed in real time. There are more than 100 games that support EAX 2.0; 30 games that support EAX 3.0 ADVANCED HD and already 10 games that support the new EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD. For all DirectSound 3D games, EAX can be experienced in 5.1 with rear surround or 7.1 with rear and side surround sound.
Audigy 4 Pro Processor
- Advanced hardware accelerated digital effects processing
- 32-bit digital processing, which maintains a theoretical 192 dB of dynamic range
- Patented 8-point interpolation that reduces distortion to inaudible levels
- 64-voice hardware wavetable synthesizer
- Professional quality digital mixing and equalization
High Definition Audio Quality for Playback and Recording
- Playback of 64 audio channels, each at an arbitrary sample rate
- 24-bit Analog-to-Digital conversion of analog inputs at 96 kHz sample rate
- 24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of digital sources at 96 kHz to analog 7.1 speaker output
- 24-bit Digital-to-Analog conversion of stereo digital sources at 192 kHz to stereo output
- 16-bit to 24-bit recording sampling rates: 8, 11.025, 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, 48 and 96 kHz.
- Supports Sony/Philips Digital Interface (SPDIF) format of up to 24-bit/96 kHz quality. Selectable sampling rate of 44.1, 48 or 96 kHz
- Low latency multitrack recording with ASIO 2.0 support at 16-bit, 48 kHz and 24-bit, 96 kHz resolution.
*(Latency performance may vary based on system configuration)
FireWire (IEEE 1394) Connectivity
- Compliant with IEEE 1394a specification Supports data rates of 100, 200, and 400 Mbps
- Supports up to 63 FireWire (IEEE 1394) compatible devices in a daisy-chain configuration
- Supplies up to 3 Watts to FireWire (IEEE 1394) compatible devices
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro On-Board Connectors
- Line level out (Front / Side / Rear / Center / Subwoofer)
- Digital CD Audio in
- Aux Audio in
- AD_Link 1 and AD_Link 2 connectors to connect with external I/O hub.
- Power connector
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro External I/O Hub Front / Rear Panel Connectors
- Headphone Out (1/4" Stereo Jack)
- Line In 1 (1/4" Stereo Jack , shared with Mic In with Gain Control)
- Line In 2 (1/4" Stereo Jack)
- Line In 3 (2x RCA Jack)
- Optical SPDIF In/Out
- Coaxial SPDIF In/Out
- Digital Out for 5.1 support (6-channel SPDIF Output to Creative digital speakers)
- 2x FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports
- MIDI In / Out
- Infra-red Receiver to communicate with Remote Control
- AD_Link 1 and AD_Link 2 connectors to connect with Audigy 4 Pro